|Filming location||Upolu, Samoa|
|Winner||Kelly Sharbaugh (6-2-1)|
|Season run|| 6-28-10 |
|No. of episodes||14|
|No. of days||39|
|No. of survivors||20|
|Tribes|| Foa Foa|
|All-Stars: Samoa|| Kelly Sharbaugh|
|South Pacific||John Fincher|
|Previous||Survivor: Tocantins Fanfic|
|Next||Survivor All-Stars: Samoa Fanfic|
Survivor: Samoa is a fanfic based on the the nineteenth season of the CBS reality television series Survivor. The premiere aired on June 28, 2010. It marks the third time that Survivor was shot in high definition, with Sony XDCAMs.
The season featured several new twists. First, all twenty castaways started the game on the same beach. The men and the women were told to pick a member of the opposite gender to give Individual Immunity. They picked Mick and Shambo, who then became chiefs of a tribe consisting entirely of the opposite sex; Mick led the female Galu, while Shambo led the male Foa Foa. Another new twist was a modification on the kidnapping from Survivor: China. The winning tribe of the Reward Challenge would kidnap somebody from the losing tribe. That person would live in the winning camp until the next Immunity Challenge. The kidnapped tribe member would receive a clue to a hidden Immunity Idol and also had the option to mutiny to the other tribe. Liz Kim capitalized on the mutiny opportunity, deciding to defect to Foa Foa after getting kidnapped in the fourth episode.
There were four hidden Immunity Idols in total. The first was found by Monica and given to Laura in Episode 5 to save her from the vote. Marisa was eliminated in Laura's place. The second idol was found by Liz after she mutinied to Foa Foa. John clued Liz in that she was vulnerable in Episode 6 and Liz played the idol to oust Erik. While kidnapped by Foa Foa, Kelly found the third idol and kept it a secret from her allies. When John, Monica, and Liz turned on their ally Brett in Episode 13, Kelly gave Brett the idol to save him and Liz was eliminated. The fourth idol was never found.
In the end, Kelly Sharbaugh defeated former allies John Fincher and Monica Padilla in a 6-2-1 vote.
Kelly Sharbaugh, John Fincher, Monica Padilla, Natalie White and Russell Hantz returned to Survivor All Stars: Samoa where they placed 7th, 17th, 8th, 14th and 15th respectively.
|Contestant||Original Tribe||Mutinied Tribe||Merged Tribe||Finish||Total Votes|
33, Detroit, MI
|Galu||1st Voted Out|
22, Maple Grove, MN
|Galu||2nd Voted Out|
38, Edmond, OK
|Foa Foa||3rd Voted Out|
62, Bronx, NY
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||4th Voted Out|
26, Reily, OH
|Galu||Galu||5th Voted Out|
28, Long Beach, CA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||6th Voted Out|
28, Chino, CA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||7th Voted Out|
33, Boise, ID
|Galu||Galu||8th Voted Out|
|Shannon "Shambo" Waters|
45, Renton, WA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||Removed Due to Injury|
1st Jury Member
28, Kirksville, MO
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||9th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
36, Vinton, LA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||Matai||10th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
42, Glenside, PA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||11th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
48, Campton, NH
|Galu||Galu||12th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
39, Salem, OR
|Galu||Galu||13th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
33, Franklin Lakes, NJ
|Galu||Foa Foa||14th Voted Out|
7th Jury Member
23, Salem, OR
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
26, Van Buren, AR
|Galu||Galu||16th Voted Out|
9th Jury Member
25, Queens, NY
25, Irvine, CA
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||Runner-Up||3|
25, Wilmington, DE
- The Total Votes is the number of votes a castaway has received during Tribal Councils where the castaway is eligible to be voted out of the game. It does not include the votes received during the final Tribal Council.
Note 1: Laura played the Hidden Immunity Idol, therefore four votes against her do not count.
Note 2: Liz played the Hidden Immunity Idol, therefore four votes against her do not count.
Note 3: Brett played the Hidden Immunity Idol, therefore four votes against him do not count.
|Episode Titles||Air Date||Challenges||Kidnapped||Eliminated||Vote||Finish|
|"I Think There's|
Gonna Be A
|None||Mick4||None||Yasmin||9-1||1st Voted Out|
|The Right Choice||July 4,|
|Foa Foa||Foa Foa||Monica||Ashley||5-4||2nd Voted Out|
|"They're Lucky We're|
Not in the Marines"
|Galu||Galu||Brett||Dave||9-1||3rd Voted Out|
|Operation Revolving Door||July 19,|
|Foa Foa||Galu||Liz6||Mike||6-2-1-1||4th Voted Out|
|Out for Revenge||August|
|Galu7||Mick||None8||Marisa||3-01||5th Voted Out|
|Ben||Jaison||5-2-1-1||6th Voted Out|
|"There's A New|
Player In Town"
|Foa Foa||Galu||Monica||Erik||3-12||7th Voted Out|
|A New Hope||August|
|Galu||Foa Foa||Russell S.||Mick||3-2-1||8th Voted Out|
|"You People Disgust Me"||August|
|Foa Foa||Galu||Kelly||Shambo||No Vote||Removed Due to Injury|
1st Jury Member
|Ben||5-1||9th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|The Most Dangerous Player||September|
|None9||Liz||None10||Russell H.||6-4||10th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|Adding Fuel to My Fire||N.D.||John||Russell S.||5-3-1||11th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
|Carrying the Torch||N.D.||Brett||Betsy||6-2||12th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|An Alliance of Six||N.D.||John||Laura||6-1||13th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
|Strung Along||N.D.||John||Liz||2-03||14th Voted Out|
7th Jury Member
More Big Moves
|N.D.||None||John||Brett||3-2||15th Voted Out|
8th Jury Member
|John||Natalie||3-1||16th Voted Out|
9th Jury Member
|Reunion||N.D.||Jury Vote||Monica||6-2-1||2nd Runner-Up|
- In the case of multiple tribes or castaways who win reward or immunity, they are listed in order of finish, or alphabetically where it was a team effort; where one castaway won and invited others, the invitees are in brackets.
Note 4: In the first episode, the female castaways picked a male to win Individual Immunity, and the male castaways did the same for the females. The women chose Mick and the men chose Shambo, and they became the leaders of their tribe.
Note 5: Combined Reward and Immunity Challenge.
Note 6: After being kidnapped, Liz chose to mutiny to Foa Foa.
Note 7: Each tribe competed separately for Individual Immunity. The two winners, Mick and Ben, moved on to the final round, where the winner would win reward for their tribe. Mick won the final round, winning reward for the Galu.
Note 8: There was no kidnapping in Episode 5 because of the double Tribal Council.
Note 9: There was no Reward Challenge in Episode 9 because of the merge.
Note 10: The kidnapping twist was no longer applicable after the tribal merge, as there was only one tribe.
Episode 1: "I Think There's Gonna Be a Survivor Twist"Edit
In the crystal blue waters of the South Pacific, twenty Americans began an adventure of a lifetime. They were immediately separated into two canoes of men and two canoes of women and paddled to the same beach. On the way there, Yasmin got very seasick, while one of the men's canoes capsized. The women got to the beach first, though the happy mood was a bit spoiled by Yasmin's complaining. The castaways were in a state of confusion about what was going on, until a mysterious crate dropped from a helicopter. In the crate were two Individual Immunity necklaces; the men would decide which woman would get the necklace and vice versa. After the twist was revealed, everyone got to work on building a shelter and Shambo found the water supply, while Mick set himself out from the rest by attempting to make fire, though it ultimately did not work. After a rather restless night in a crowded shelter, Russell H. devised a plan to give the Immunity necklace to Yasmin, who was still sick and obviously the weakest female. While most of the men were on board with his plan, Jaison had doubts about whether the tribes would be divided by gender, and convinced everyone else to change their vote, angering Russell H. As the women were talking about their choice, Liz felt on the outs with the rest of the girls, and quickly became an outsider. At the challenge, the picks were revealed: the men chose Shambo, the women chose Mick. Jeff Probst then surprised them once again and told them that Shambo and Mick were now chiefs and would lead their tribe consisting of the opposite sex. In addition, only the winners of the challenge would be able to live on the original beach; the losers would have to start over from scratch on another beach. Foa Foa's (Shambo and the men) physical prowess quickly put them in the lead over Galu (Mick and the women), and they easily won the challenge. At Galu's new camp, Ashley immediately started to strategize and made the plan to take out Yasmin for her weakness. As the day progressed, Yasmin seemed to be the name brought up, though Ashley was also being heavily considered for her immediate strategizing. Still feeling an outsider among the women, Liz was worried that she might be blindsided for not being in the loop. But at Tribal Council, despite trying to talk her way out of it, everyone voted Yasmin out.
- Reward/Immunity Challenge: Six members of each tribe will race across a series of A-frames and a narrow balance beam while carrying three coils of rope. They will then use that rope to pull a heavy crate to the finish platform where the four remaining tribe members will disassemble the crate and then use the pieces to solve a puzzle. The first tribe to finish the puzzle wins Immunity.
- Reward: The privilege of living on the beach that all twenty survivors helped to build.
Episode 2: The Right ChoiceEdit
Returning from Galu's first Tribal Council, Ashley felt somewhat vulnerable after receiving a vote. The next day, Mick's leadership was tested, and he formed a strong bond with Betsy and Marisa. At Foa Foa, chief Shambo tried to take control of the shelter improvements, much to the annoyance of Russell S., Ben, and Dave. But Shambo was even more annoyed by the other members of her tribe who decided to sleep in instead of helping out. In a close Reward Challenge, Foa Foa won fishing gear. But a new twist allowed them to "kidnap" one member of Galu to live with them until the next Immunity Challenge. They picked Monica, mainly as a source of eye candy, and she was given a mysterious note. With a new female presence around camp, many of the guys fawned over Monica, while she started making major connections with John. At Galu, Ashley still felt exposed from getting that vote, and went to Laura for assurance. They decided to try to bring in Monica and Kelly in an attempt to concoct a majority alliance. Meanwhile, Monica opened her note in private to find two bits of information. First, she was given a clue to a hidden Immunity Idol in Foa Foa's camp; second, she was given the opportunity to join the other tribe at the next challenge. As Monica searched for the Idol, Ashley and Laura brought Kelly into the fold and decided to vote out Mick to give one of them a chance to be leader. On Day Six, Ben used the newly-won fishing gear to catch some new protein for Foa Foa. Ben's catch proved handy, as Foa Foa won Immunity in another close challenge (largely due to a stroke of luck from John). Faced with Tribal Council again, Monica was brought into the now four-person alliance. Needing a fifth, Ashley went to Marisa and told her about the plan to vote off Mick. But feeling that voting off a strong player is the wrong decision, Marisa went to Mick and the two of them, along with Betsy and Natalie, decide to try to turn the tables and vote for Ashley. Natalie went to Liz for a crucial fifth vote, though she seemed unsure about her new swing vote position. At Tribal Council, it was obvious that some tribe members were voting on challenges, while others were voting purely on alliances. The alliance of Ashley, Laura, Monica, and Kelly thought their plan succeeded when they saw four votes for Mick. But with Marisa switching sides and Liz siding with the leader, there were five votes for Ashley, eliminating her and stunning her allies.
- Reward Challenge: Each tribe gets nine floating puzzle pieces. One tribe member at a time will swim out, dive down, unclip a puzzle piece, and bring it back to the triangular-shaped puzzle frame. Once the piece is placed in the puzzle frame, the next person can go out. When all nine of the puzzle pieces have been collected, the tribe may start assembling the puzzle by matching corresponding symbols on each side of every piece. The first tribe to get it together correctly wins Reward.
- Reward: Fishing gear.
- Immunity Challenge: Both tribes will race to open six locks to release a large six-point sliding hub. Harnessing themselves into the hub, tribes will maneuver through a large obstacle course by shifting, sliding, and adjusting each other in their hub. Along the way they will collect six tribal bead necklaces. Once all six necklaces are collected, the remaining three tribe members will match up the colored beads on the necklace with the corresponding letters on a decoding wheel to spell a four-word phrase. The first tribe to decipher the phrase wins Immunity.
Episode 3: "They're Lucky We're Not in the Marines"Edit
Feeling betrayed by the vote, Laura, Monica, and Kelly were stunned, and swore their revenge on Marisa for changing her vote. The next morning, Shambo caused a ruckus around camp when she tried to start a fire, annoying her other sleeping tribemembers. When she confronted them about not helping her with the fire, it prompted an argument between her and Erik about her actions. Back at Galu, Monica went to Kelly and Laura with the clue to Foa Foa's hidden Immunity Idol. Not knowing whether the clue also applied to their camp, they decided to try to convince Mick to kidnap a member of Foa Foa that they can get the second clue from. Monica went to Mick suggesting to kidnap Brett; she claimed that he was on the outs of his tribe, but he actually was someone who Monica immediately bonded with. At the Reward Challenge, the small size of the girls came in handy, and Galu won its first challenge. Following Monica's suggestion, Mick chose to kidnap Brett. Now kidnapped, Brett received a clue to Galu's hidden Immunity Idol, and Monica went to him to talk to him about her situation and how she needed the clue. She offered that they could trade clues; Brett quickly agreed and even helped her look for their idol in exchange. The challenge loss prompted low morale at Foa Foa, but Mike boosted spirits by cooking a delicious meal. Meanwhile, trying to cover all their bases for the next vote, Laura went to Liz to try to force a tie at their next Tribal Council. Feeling herself in the middle once again, Liz was unsure what to do. On Day 9, before the Immunity Challenge, Dave had the idea to make rice as a snack. But he made way too much, wasting precious food and angering his tribemates. Knowing they only had little time to eat, Ben started to shovel down the rice, but wanted to wait to finish his food before he went to the challenge. Foa Foa was obviously annoyed by both Dave's ineptitude and Ben's stubbornness, and their day only got worse when Galu won Immunity. Facing their first Tribal Council, talk at Foa Foa almost immediately went to Dave for his rice incident. Sensing he was in danger, Dave went to Shambo about voting out Ben for his abrasive personality, but Shambo was set on voting out her new enemy Erik. At Tribal Council, the men complained about Shambo's leadership style, prompting another argument between her and Erik. In the end, the tribe (including a regretful Shambo) unanimously voted Dave out.
- Reward Challenge: Each tribe will have two tribe members attached by belt to a rope, which snakes over, under and around a series of obstacles. The rest of the tribe will push and pull their two tribe members, attached to the rope, through the course. Once the entire tribe reaches the end of the rope, one person from each tribe will swim out to a flag where they will retrieve a key, bring it back to shore and unlock the two tribe members who are attached to the rope. The first tribe with all eight members on their tribe mat wins.
- Reward: Blankets, pillows, and towels.
- Immunity Challenge: Moving one tribe member at a time, the Survivors will make their way across the beam, stepping around their tribemates in order to spell the word “IMMUNITY.” If they fall off or if they're knocked off, those members will start over. Once a tribemate is across the beam and on the final platform, they will raise a flag with a letter on it and the next member can go. The first tribe to get all tribe members across their beam and spell “IMMUNITY” wins.
Episode 4: Operation Revolving DoorEdit
The morning after Tribal Council, Shambo did not feel happy being a leader that nobody listened to. She called her tribe together and started to list out orders she wanted them to carry out, but she was met with resilience and negative responses, especially from Erik. She tried to take her frustration by fishing, but she ended up getting cut up by coral and having to get treated by the Medical Team, putting her at risk for evacuation. At Galu, Liz really felt torn between the two alliances on her tribe. Both tribes got a Survivor catalog in the mail and were told the chief had to choose three items on it to play for as a Reward. Galu faced some conflict when everyone except Liz wanted chocolate cake, while Liz questioned the need for it and segregated herself further. At the Reward Challenge, Foa Foa's speed prevailed and they won oils and spice, blankets, pillows, a fire-making kit, and a mattress. Though John and Brett wanted to kidnap Monica as part of their new alliance, Shambo chose Liz because of her outsider status. Upon reaching Foa Foa, Liz almost immediately said she would consider joining their tribe. She got the second clue to the hidden Immunity Idol, and was even more swayed to stay when Shambo told her she would not be the first voted out. With a chance of Liz not coming back to Galu, Monica, Laura, and Kelly searched desperately for the Idol on their beach, and they succeeded in finding it. The next day, Liz strengthened her relationship with Jaison when they confided in each other that they were both lawyers. Meanwhile, Russell H. got the rest of the men together and revealed his plan, "Operation Revolving Door," which consisted of voting off Liz, then Shambo, then any girl that tried to mutiny to Foa Foa. Erik was not one to jump onto the plan, especially in voting out Liz over Shambo. At the Immunity Challenge, Liz officially decided to switch to Foa Foa, but the size of the Galu girls helped them win their second Immunity Challenge in a row. Jaison almost immediately targeted Mike as the weak link back at camp, and tried to convince the other men to do the same at Russell H.'s next group meeting. The men started to consider getting rid of Mike over Liz or Shambo, making Jaison thwart Russell H.'s plan for the second time. Mike went to Ben, who promised he would not be voting for him, and Mike tried to start the campaign against Shambo, creating a lie that she could be evacuated at any minute. Going into Tribal Council, the vote was very up in the air between Liz, Shambo, and Mike. At Tribal Council, after another fight between Erik and Shambo, Erik and Mike both went along with their plan and voted for Shambo, while Shambo voted for Erik and Ben cast a random vote for Liz. But everyone else decided to honor strength in the tribe and voted Mike out.
- Reward Challenge: One tribe member at a time will race out on a zigzagged course, retrieve a bundle of puzzle pieces and race back, at which point the next person will go. Once all four bundles have been collected, the remaining four tribe members will use those pieces to create a table maze. Then they'll use the maze to maneuver one coconut past the decoy holes and into the finish hole. The first tribe to do so wins Reward.
- Reward: A fire-making kit, a collection of oil and spices, and blankets, pillows, and a mattress.
- Immunity Challenge: Both tribes will race across a net run carrying wooden blocks. When they reach a platform, they must stack the blocks one on top of the other. Once they’ve completed the stack, they will make their way across a rope bridge to another platform where they will find more blocks. This set of blocks will stack even higher. The first tribe to get both stacks completed wins Immunity.
Episode 5: Out for RevengeEdit
After tribe chef Mike was voted out, Shambo declared herself the new chef to gain a better reputation on the tribe. But she had nothing to worry about, as Russell H. set his sights on Jaison for constantly thwarting his plans. At Galu, Laura, Monica, and Kelly were still bitter towards Marisa for changing her vote, to the point of ignoring her when Marisa tried to talk to them. At the challenge, Jeff revealed that both tribes would be going to Tribal Council that night. Each tribe would compete separately in the challenge, where the first place finisher would win individual Immunity. Those first place finishers would then compete to win Reward for their tribe. In a close race, Ben won for Foa Foa, while Mick won for Galu. The two men then had a tug-of-war showdown, and Ben's strength got the best of him, allowing Mick to win pizza and soft drinks for Galu. Galu celebrated with a pizza feast, but the talk quickly turned strategic when the alliance of Betsy, Natalie, Mick, and Marisa decided to vote off Laura for being the biggest threat. At Foa Foa, Shambo and Erik were once again set on voting each other out, leaving everyone else as a swing vote. Russell H. approached Jaison about voting Liz; Jaison flatly refused him and threatened that he might actually vote Russell. This conversation set the two men against each other, and Russell immediately targeted Jaison for going against him. Both men made their separate arguments to the rest of the men in the tribe, and Russell went far enough to even declare a Final 2 alliance with Russell S. But even with new promises made, the majority of the tribe seemed up in the air about what to do. Meanwhile, Marisa had second thoughts and went to Mick about voting out Monica because of her ties to Foa Foa, but Mick was fearful about Monica using the Idol. Laura talked to Natalie, with whom she has a close relationship, who told her in a roundabout way that she was being targeted. Laura then immediately went to Monica and Kelly and asked to have Monica use the Idol on her, though Monica was unsure if Laura was really going to be the target and if she was just putting herself in danger. At Galu's Tribal Council, the majority four-person alliance stuck to their original plan and voted Laura. But Monica decided to give the Idol to Laura, nullifying all votes against her and sending Marisa home instead. Then it was Foa Foa's turn, and there was prominent conflict between both Shambo and Erik and Russell H. and Jaison. Though Shambo and Erik voted against each other once again, Jaison was blindsided when everyone else (except Liz) joined with Russell H. in voting him out.
- Reward/Individual Immunity Challenge: The tribes would compete separately for individual immunity. Each person will race to dig up three bags of puzzle pieces from three circles marked in the sand. They must then assemble a puzzle of a Samoan warrior. The first person to finish from each tribe wins individual immunity. After both tribes have run the challenge, the two winners, one from each tribe, will square off in a tug-of-war, where the winner of that challenge wins reward for their tribe.
- Reward: Pizza and soft drinks
Episode 6: "There's a New Player in Town"Edit
Laura, Monica, and Kelly celebrated their victory after eliminating Marisa, while Natalie felt extremely guilty for not lying to Laura about her getting votes. Galu was now seemingly at a stalemate: three people in Mick's alliance, three people in Laura's; but Laura knew she could try to work over Natalie. After blindsiding Jaison, Russell H. felt in charge of the game, and set his sights on Liz for voting against him at the last Tribal council, while Shambo was angry about being left out of yet another vote. She called a tribe meeting and asked everyone how they could be more receptive to her leadership. While some people like Brett made helpful suggestions, Erik said there was nothing she could do to change his opinion. The next morning, Liz got up early to search for Foa Foa's hidden Immunity Idol, and her work paid off when she found it. Meanwhile, after having dreams about Monica, John went to Shambo with a deal. If Foa Foa won the Reward Challenge and she kidnapped Monica, he would vote out Erik if they went to Tribal Council. At the Reward Challenge, John's leadership and the men's quickness led Foa Foa to victory, and Shambo honored her deal by kidnapping Monica from Galu. Foa Foa greatly enjoyed their visit from two native Samoans and the knowledge they brought to help improve their camp life, but Ben was worried this new information could weaken his role in the tribe. Later that day, John pulled Monica aside to not only offer her a formal alliance, but confess his feelings for her, to the point of even promising her Final Two. Seeing a possibility for more allies at the merge, Monica confessed her feelings for him as well, and their alliance began to grow to something more. Back on Galu, Betsy, Mick, and Natalie decided Monica had to go next, but she can't know she was being targeted or else she might pull out another Idol. Monica read her Idol clue to John and Brett, and the three of them searched copiously, but couldn't find it; they assumed that Liz must have it. After giving up searching, Monica made a Final Five alliance with her two Galu allies Laura and Kelly and John and Brett. At the Immunity Challenge, it was a constant back-and-forth between the two tribes, but Galu was able to squeeze their entire tribe onto the final platform and win Immunity for the third straight time. Facing the vote once again, the six men met in private and Russell H. came up with a "master plan" of splitting the votes between Liz and Shambo just in case Liz had the Idol. John took it upon himself to tell Liz to vote Shambo, but he had his own agenda in mind. He revealed to Liz the master plan and told her to play the Idol and vote for Erik, who would be a large physical threat at the merge. Liz took his talk well, but was nervous that she was getting tricked into wasting the Idol. At Tribal Council, Russell H. asserted himself as a better leader than Shambo. After the votes were cast, Liz played her Idol, shocking Ben, the Russells, and Erik, and negating the planned four votes against her. The men were dumbfounded for a second time when John's plan succeeded and his, Liz's, and Shambo's votes were enough to send Erik home.
- Reward Challenge: One person from each tribe will be strapped into a large sphere. That person will then guide three blindfolded tribemates as they push the sphere through a long course to three stations. Pushing the sphere through each station will crush tiles and release a bundle of planks. At the end of the course, the guide will direct the two remaining tribe members to fill in the gaps in a wooden bridge. The first tribe to push their sphere across the bridge and onto the final pedestal wins Reward.
- Reward: A visit from two native Samoans to teach the tribe how to live off the island, in addition to a traditional feast.
- Immunity Challenge: Tribes will transport two tribemates from one tower to the next, in waist-deep water, using giant stepping poles that the rest of the tribe must support. The tribe members making the crossing will step from one pole to the other across the lagoon to the second platform. Once both tribemates are transported, the entire tribe must then climb atop a third and final tower and squeeze onto a tiny wooden platform. The first tribe with all six members on or above the top platform wins Immunity.
Episode 7: A New HopeEdit
Russell H. was fuming after Liz played the hidden Immunity Idol and John betrayed him by voting Erik out. When he went to John for an explanation, John lied to try to take the target off of his back. The two men promised Liz would be the next to go, but Russell wanted to get his revenge on John, confident he had the votes of Russell S., Ben, and Brett. On Day 16, Shambo's previous injuries were looked at by the Survivor Medical Team, and they determined that an infection was starting and she had to do less work before it got worse. At Galu, Mick bonded further with Betsy and Natalie when he talked about proposing to his girlfriend, and the three thought about a Foa Foa member they would kidnap who could possibly mutiny and give their alliance the majority. When Galu won Reward, their plan was put into action, and Mick chose to kidnap Russell S. for his "stand-up" personality. With Russell S. now in Galu's camp, Mick and Betsy wasted no time in talking to him about joining their tribe to take out Monica for her possibly ties to Foa Foa. But Monica, Laura, and Kelly also went to Russell to try to convince him not to mutiny. Back at Foa Foa, Russell H. told his allies they were targeting John, and Brett immediately went to his ally John with this new information. John then went to Liz and Shambo with a plan to vote off Russell. The next morning, Russell S. decided not to mutiny; when he told Mick, the chief offered him many things, but it was obvious that his plan had failed. At the Immunity Challenge, the castaways had to drink gross Samoan Smoothies; while Foa Foa breezed through them, Kelly and Natalie couldn't keep it down and made Galu lose. Facing the vote, Mick told Betsy and Natalie to vote Kelly, since in a deadlock tie, she would be immune and there was a chance Laura or Monica could leave. Laura came to Natalie, persuading her to vote for Mick to avoid facing the purple rock. When Mick noticed this, he went to Natalie, and she promised him that she would never vote for him. At Tribal Council, everyone made it obvious that Natalie was the swing vote for either a 4-2 vote or a 3-3 tie. In the end, Natalie threw her allies a loop when she purposely cast a throwaway vote for Monica, allowing the three votes against Mick to finally boot the Galu chief.
- Reward Challenge: Scattered out in the field are thirteen pairs of matching survival items that are covered. One tribe member at a time will walk out and uncover two items. If they match, that person scores one point for their tribe. To make things more difficult, four of the items are dummy items that do not have a match. The tribe that has the most points at the end of the challenge wins.
- Reward: Three egg-laying chickens, one rooster, and all the items the tribe matched.
- Immunity Challenge: eff will spin the roulette-style wheel while one member of each tribe rolls a ball. The ball will land on different ingredients. Jeff will then blend those ingredients to make a Samoan Smoothie. Each time a player gulps the entire drink down, they score one point for their tribe. The first tribe to accumulate six points wins Immunity.
Episode 8: "You People Disgust Me"Edit
Though the Galu tribe lost their chief, there was certainly a group in power: Laura, Monica, and Kelly. Betsy felt extremely hurt over Natalie's throwaway vote, while Natalie went to her to try to gain their friendship back. Though Betsy forgave her on the surface, she was still wary of her former ally and knew she would definitely be the next to go. At Foa Foa, Ben continued to be the sole provider, while the rest of the tribe was trying to figure out who to kidnap. Russell S. told them they should go after Laura and Monica after the merge from the information he got from Mick; John, a secret ally with both of those targets, decided he might have to betray the men when the merge came. Galu had to elect a new chief, and though Laura was the initial obvious choice, Monica told her allies to vote Natalie for chief, since it would put a possible target on her back at the merge. They went through with her plan and Natalie was shocked when she was unanimously voted chief. At the Reward Challenge, Foa Foa was shocked by both the boot and the new chief, but Betsy's last-minute stumble in the challenge allowed them to win a cook-out. Shambo decided to kidnap Kelly, per John's request; but it turned out this would be her last decision, as the Medical Team told her she had to get surgery for her injuries and had to be removed from the game and become the first member of the jury. With Shambo gone, Foa Foa celebrated their feast solemnly, and John lamented about not having the numbers to get rid of Russell H. Natalie and Betsy searched unsuccessfully for the hidden Immunity Idol at their camp, and contemplated jumping over to the other tribe at the merge. Meanwhile, Foa Foa unanimously elected Russell H. as chief, though some did it to put a large target on his back. At the same time, Kelly was able to find the hidden Immunity Idol at their camp, and contemplated not telling anyone, including her allies. She then started to flirt with Brett, who tried to convince her with John to mutiny in order to be the fourth vote against Russell H. Back at Galu, Betsy tried to play like she had the Idol to Laura and Monica, who became suspicious. At the Immunity Challenge, Betsy got a saving grace when Galu came from behind to win Immunity. Initially, it seemed it would be a deadlock tie between John and Russell H. But John went to the Russells and Brett with a plan to get rid of Ben. He said that his ties to Galu could help them get the numbers at the merge, while Ben really has no place in the strategic game. He sealed the deal by promising them they would get to Final Five. When Brett said he would vote for Ben, the Russells considered voting with them or forcing a tie. At Tribal Council, John promised his loyalty to his tribe, while Ben talked about focusing on nothing but survival skills. In the end, the entire tribe blindsided Ben and unanimously voted him out.
- Reward Challenge: One tribe member must race to open coconuts and pour the juice into a coconut shell. The other four remaining tribe members are together in pairs and will race across a balance beam carrying the coconut juice. Once the second pair reaches the end of the second balance beam, they must empty the coconut juice into a larger bucket. As the bucket takes on juice, it will raise a tribe flag. The first tribe to release their flag wins.
- Reward: A Survivor cook-out.
- Immunity Challenge: Both tribes will paddle out to retrieve fish-shaped puzzle pieces by using a fishing pole and hook. Once all six sets of puzzle pieces have been collected, both tribes will then paddle back where three tribe members will use those pieces to solve a puzzle. The first tribe to solve the puzzle wins immunity.
Episode 9: The Most Dangerous PlayerEdit
Despite voting him out, Russell S. was really upset with betraying an ally and getting rid of Ben, and felt even worse when everyone indulged in the fish Ben had caught for them. The next day, John and Russell H. decided Foa Foa should target Laura first, but the two men were extremely wary of each other. Both tribes came together on a remote beach, only to find a treasure chest explaining that the two tribes had merged. The ten remaining castaways found a traditional Samoan feast waiting for them, but as chiefs, Natalie and Russell H. had to decide the tribe name and where they were to live before everyone could eat. The rest of the tribe could only watch as Russell and Natalie ate; they decided to name the tribe Matai, while Russell fabricated bad conditions at Foa Foa to sway Natalie to live at Galu so that he could have a chance of finding the hidden Immunity Idol. Natalie took the bait and they decided to live at the seemingly nicer Galu camp; she also told him that Betsy and her were immediately ready to flip to Foa Foa. After the tribe indulged in their feast, they arrived at the old Galu camp, where Monica and John reunited strategically and romantically. They then gathered a meeting with Brett, Kelly, and Laura, and talked about possibly getting Liz's vote in case Natalie and Betsy flipped to Foa Foa. The next day, Russell H. solidified Betsy and Natalie on his side, and he believed that he would still have six votes, even if John did turn on him. At the Immunity Challenge, Jeff revealed that one man and one woman would win the challenge, and that honor went to John and Liz. Returning to camp, the members of Foa Foa met and decided to vote out Laura, and John and Brett immediately told her the bad news. They tried to send Kelly to talk to Natalie and Betsy and tried to convince them to join up with the rest of the women to get rid of the men. While the two women made a deal to go to the Final Four with her and Monica, they were stuck between two alliances. Meanwhile, John revealed his plan of jumping ship to Liz, and offered her to vote with them instead of forcing a 5-5 tie. Liz was caught in a precarious situation; while she had wanted to get rid of Russell H. since Jaison was voted out, she didn't want to betray yet another group of people. At Tribal Council, the two targets definitely seemed to be Laura and Russell H., and it was clear tribal lines were not the determining factors. Russell H. was confident that the vote would be 7-3 and Laura would be going home, and everything seemed to line up with that plan when Betsy and Natalie joined with him and Russell S. in voting for her. But Liz decided to side with the alliance of John, Brett, Monica, Laura, and Kelly and blindsided Russell H. Infuriated that he was stabbed in the back after saving John last week, Russell called him out on it before his torch was snuffed.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways participate in a Survivor version of tee-ball. One at a time, tribe members will place their ball on the tee and take a swing. The numbered section that the ball lands in will earn the player that many points. The highest score wins Immunity. The men and women will compete in separate rounds, and the winner of each round will receive Immunity.
Episode 10: Undisclosed TitleEdit
|Original Tribes||Mutiny||Merged Tribe|
|John||Dave||Mike||Jaison||Erik||Ben||Russell H.||Russell S.||Betsy||Laura||Brett||Natalie|
|Brett||Dave||Mike||Jaison||Ben||Russell H.||Russell S.||Betsy||Laura||Liz||Natalie|
|Liz||Yasmin||Ashley||Mike||Russell H.||Erik||Ben||Russell H.||Russell S.||Betsy||Laura|
- The Total Votes is the number of votes a castaway has received during Tribal Councils where the castaway is eligible to be voted out of the game. It does not include the votes received during the final Tribal Council.
Note 11: Shambo was evacuated due to medical reasons, therefore no vote occurred for her removal from the game.