|Survivor: Cook Islands|
|Filming location||Aitutaki, Cook Islands|
|Winner||JP Calderon (6-1)|
|Season run|| 09-04-06 |
|No. of episodes||14|
|No. of days||39|
|No. of survivors||20|
|All-Stars: Belize|| J.P. Calderon (14th)|
Jessica Smith (17th)
Sekou Bunch (16th)
Jonathan Penner (7th)
Candice Woodcock (1st)
|Previous||Survivor: Exile Island Fanfic|
|Next||Survivor: Fiji Fanfic|
Survivor: Cook Islands is a fanfic based on the thirteenth season of the reality series Survivor.
The show premiered on September 4, 2006. The two-hour season finale aired on January 23, 2007, followed by the Reunion show live from CBS Television City in Los Angeles.
During this season of Survivor, the contestants were divided into four tribes by race and one ethnicity; African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, and Caucasian-American. Besides random division or team-choosing by the contestants, tribes had previously been divided by gender and/or age. The respective tribes' names were Manihiki, Puka Puka, Aitutaki and Rarotonga. These four tribes were named after islands located in the Cook Islands. In the second episode, the Rarotonga tribe was dissolved. In the sixth episode, the Puka Puka tribe was dissolved and the tribes were switched after Candice Woodcock elected to switch to rejoin her original ally, Jonathan. In the ninth episode, the two tribes merged at eleven for the first time in Survivor history and formed the Moturakau history.
The concept of Exile Island returned (mostly in the post-merge portion of the game). There was also a a hidden immunity idol located somewhere on each tribe's island after only two tribes remain. The first idol was used once by Candice Woodcock to prevent her from being eliminated, though it unintentionally resulted in the elimination of her ally, Cristina Coria. The other idol was found by Sekou Bunch but never played at Tribal Council.
In the end, J.P. Calderon defeated Jessica "Flica" Smith by a vote of 6-1 to become the Sole Survivor.
J.P. Calderon, Jessica Smith, Sekou Bunch, Jonathan Penner and Candice Woodcock all returned to Survivor All Stars: Belize where they belonged to Rapota tribe. Woodcock ended to win the season, while Calderon, Smith, Bunch and Penner ended 14th, 17th, 16th and 7th respectively.
|Contestant||Original Tribe||Absorbed Tribe||Re-Absorbed/|
|Merged Tribe||Finish||Total votes|
24, Atlanta, GA
|Rarotonga||1st Voted Out|
|Nathan "Nate" Gonzalez|
26, San Diego, CA
|Manihiki||2nd Voted Out|
29, Oakland, CA
|Aitutaki||Aitutaki||3rd Voted Out|
35, Columbia, SC
|Manihiki||Manihiki||4th Voted Out|
36, Lake Forest, IL
|Puka Puka||Puka Puka||5th Voted Out|
|Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth|
25, Venice, CA
|Aitutaki||Aitutaki||6th Voted Out|
31, San Mateo, CA
|Puka Puka||Puka Puka||Manihiki||7th Voted Out|
|Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui|
42, Christiansburg, VA
|Puka Puka||Puka Puka||Manihiki||8th Voted Out|
|Vergilio "Billy" Garcia|
36, New York, NY
|Aitutaki||Aitutaki||Aitutaki||9th Voted Out|
28, Spotsylvania, VA
|Rarotonga||Puka Puka||Manihiki||Moturakau||10th Voted Out|
34, Laurelton, NY
|Manihiki||Manihiki||Aitutaki||11th Voted Out|
35, Los Angeles, CA
|Aitutaki||Aitutaki||Manihiki||12th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|Rebekah "Becky" Lee|
28, Washington, D.C.
|Puka Puka||Puka Puka||Aitutaki||13th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
27, Oak Harbor, WA
|Puka Puka||Puka Puka||Aitutaki||14th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
23, Fayetteville, NC
|Rarotonga||Aitutaki||Manihiki||15th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
44, Los Angeles, CA
|Rarotonga||Manihiki||Manihiki||16th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
31, Los Angeles, CA
|Manihiki||Manihiki||Aitutaki||17th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
46, Los Angeles, CA
|Manihiki||Manihiki||Aitutaki||18th Voted Out|
7th Jury Member
|Jessica "Flicka" Smith|
27, Chico, CA
|John "J.P." Calderon|
30, Marina Del Rey, CA
- The Total Votes is the number of votes a castaway has received during Tribal Councils where the castaway is eligible to be voted out of the game. It does not include the votes received during the final Tribal Council.
Note 1: Candice played the Hidden Immunity Idol, therefore four votes against her were not counted.
|Episode Title||Air Date||Challenges||Exiled||Eliminated||Vote||Finish|
|A Racy Twist||September 4, 2006||Rarotonga||Puka Puka||Anh-Tuan2||Parvati||4-1|| 1st Voted Out|
|Manihiki||Aitutaki||Nathan||4-1|| 2nd Voted Out|
|Flip Flop||September 13, 2006||Puka Puka||Manihiki||None||Cecilia||4-1-1|| 3rd Voted Out|
|I've Been Set Up||September 27, 2006||Aitutaki||Aitutaki||None||Stephannie||4-2|| 4th Voted Out|
|Man Down||October 10, 2006||Manihiki||Aitutaki||None||Jenny||4-2|| 5th Voted Out|
|The Master Plan||October 21, 2006||Aitutaki||Manihiki||None||Oscar||3-2|| 6th Voted Out|
|Survivor Surprise||October 28, 2006||Manihiki3||Aitutaki||Jonathan3||Yul||6-1-1|| 7th Voted Out|
|Violent Storms and|
|November 10, 2006||Aitutaki||Aitutaki||None||Anh-Tuan||3-2-1||8th Voted Out|
|Family Ties and|
|November 22, 2006||Manihiki||Manihiki||None||Billy||6-1||9th Voted Out|
|To Merge or Not|
|November 29, 2006||None4||J.P.||Sundra6||Adam||8-1-1||10th Voted Out|
|(Cristina)5||Rebecca||7-1-1||11th Voted Out|
|"What Have We Done?"||December 8, 2006||Sundra|
|J.P.||J.P.||Cristina||3-21||12th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|Breakdown||December 22, 2006||Jessica||J.P.||J.P.||Becky||5-3||13th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|The Value of Immunity||December 29, 2006||Candice,|
|Jessica||Brad||Brad||5-2||14th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|Candice||3-2-1||15th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
|The Lone Ranger||January 6, 2006||Sekou|
|J.P.||J.P.||Jonathan||4-1||16th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
|Too Little Too Late?||January 23, 2006||None||Jessica||None||Sundra||2-28||17th Voted Out|
6th Jury Member
|J.P.||Sekou||1-0||18th Voted Out|
7th Jury Member
|Reunion||January 23, 2006||Jury Vote||Jessica||6-1||Runner-Up|
- In the case of multiple tribes or people who win reward or immunity, they are listed in order of finish, or alphabetically where it was a team effort; where one player won and invited others, the invitees are in brackets.
Note 2: Anh-Tuan sent himself to Exile Island after Puka Puka lost the Reward Challenge.
Note 3: Manihiki and Aitutaki won the buff retrieval challenge, their "reward" being that their tribe was not dissolved. After Candice said she wanted to switch tribes, Manihiki's leader Jonathan and Aitutaki's leader Billy were both sent to Exile Island.
Note 4: Due to the merge, there was no Reward Challenge in Episode 9.
Note 5: For the second Tribal Council in Episode 9, J.P. was required to give Immunity to another castaway. He chose Cristina.
Note 6: In winning the Immunity Challenge, J.P. sent Sundra to Exile Island, making her miss both Tribal Councils. She could neither vote nor be voted against.
Note 7: In this challenge, the Top 3 finishers got to go for the reward. Candice placed first, Jessica was second and J.P. was third.
Note 8: Sundra lost in the fire-making tiebreaker challenge.
Epsiode 1: A Racy TwistEdit
Twenty Americans began the adventure of a lifetime. They were abandoned in one of the most stunning places anywhere in the world, the Cook Islands, and in a shocking new twist, the castaways were divided into four tribes based on their ethnic origins. The tribes immediately competed in their first Reward Challenge: a race to a pontoon located between the tribe’s islands. Rarotonga was the first to arrive, and took home the reward. They also learned that the pontoon can be used as a place to store messages for other tribes. Puka Puka came in last place when Anh-Tuan volunteered to stay on Exile Island, so his tribemates could collect all the items left behind on the ship. At Rarotonga, Jonathan immediately felt vulnerable because of his age, but to secure his position in the game, he made a secret alliance with Candice. At Aitutaki, J.P. emerged as a natural leader. Manihiki came together under the guidance of Stephannie and Sekou. Despite their bounty of items, the Puka Puka tribe struggled to make fire without flint. In a very close Immunity Challenge, the tribes learned that two tribes would go to Tribal Council that night; Puka Puka and Aitutaki emerged victorious. At Rarotonga, it was clear Parvati was the weak link. But at Manihiki, the decision was more complicated between Stephannie, the physically weakest, and Nathan, the outsider. At Rarotonga’s Tribal Council, Parvati became the first person voted out of the Cook Islands. And at the second Tribal Council, Nathan was voted out of Manihiki.
- Reward Challenge: The tribes participate in a simple race. With only a map to guide them, they’ll row two miles to a pontoon located halfway between the tribes’ islands. Each tribe has its own raft. One tribe member takes a machete and cuts a raft loose. On the other side of the ship, a bounty of supplies. The castaways can take as many of those items as they want.
- Reward: First place tribe gets flint, a loaf of bread, pork, rum, wine, and five extra canteens. Second and third place tribes get just flint.
- Immunity Challenge: The tribes race up and over a series of sandy mounds as they make their way down the beach to a floating puzzle. Assemble the pieces to make a giant floating puzzle boat, secured by braces. They’ll then paddle out and around a buoy, grab a torch, and untie a bag containing five ladder rungs. They then paddle back, lighting a torch along the way. Once they reach the shore, they’ll drag their boat up the beach and attach it to a rope. At that point, they race back up the beach until they reach the ladder puzzles. Once they’ve completed the ladder puzzle, the tribe member with the torch will race up the ladder and light the final wok. First two tribes to light the final wok win Immunity.
Episode 2: Flip FlopEdit
Rarotonga returned from Tribal Council, where Adam, Candice, and Jessica shared in their alcohol reward. Adam's drunken antics kept more than just his own tribemates awake, as Manihiki could hear him from their island. On Day 4, the castaways were met with a big surprise when four tribes became three; for finishing in last place during the Immunity Challenge, Rarotonga was dissolved. Adam was picked to join Puka Puka, Candice was selected by Aitutaki, and Jessica and Jonathan joined Manihiki. The three tribes then competed in their first official Reward Challenge, where Puka Puka ultimately came out on top. At their new camps, the former Rarotonga members felt varying degrees of vulnerability, from Jessica being happy to get away from Rarotonga to Adam and Candice struggling to figure out tribe dynamics. Jonathan and Candice met on the pontoon to discuss the game. At the Immunity Challenge, Jessica and Adam led their new tribes to victory. Before Tribal Council, the five original Aitutaki members decided it was Candice’s time to go. But when Cecilia targeted JP for being a physical threat, the decision was up in the air. At Tribal Council, both J.P. and Candice received one vote, the latter from a mysterious Billy, but in the end, it was Ceci who took the fall.
- Reward Challenge: One tribe member from each tribe will act as the “captain.” They’ll be tied and shackled on a raft out in the ocean. Using a rope and pulley system, the other five tribe members will act as the “loyal men,” and will pull that rope as fast as they can to get their “captain” back to shore. Once the raft reaches the shore, they untie the bamboo chute that is tied to the raft. Inside that bamboo chute are compass points. They go inside the compass ring and use the compass points and two ropes. Where the ropes intersect is a glass bottle containing a key; they have to break the bottle and retrieve the key. They then unlock their “captain,” and race up the beach and across the finish line. First tribe with all six members across the finish line wins Reward.
- Reward: Pillows, lanters, fuel, blankets, and hammocks.
- Immunity Challenge: One person will be be the guide. The other tribe members will be blindfolded. Using only verbal commands, the guides will direct their tribe along the beach to pick up twelve puzzle pieces. They’ll bring back the pieces and place them in their tribe’s square. Once all the pieces are inside, they take off their blindfolds and start putting the puzzle together. First two tribes to complete their puzzle win Immunity.
Episode 3: I've Been Set UpEdit
Aitutaki returned from Tribal Council, leaving Candice unsure about who wrote her name down. But it was all part of Billy’s plan to slowly break up the alliance of Ozzy, J.P., and Cristina. At Manihiki, it was becoming clear that Stephannie was in charge and was rubbing her tribemates the wrong way. At Puka Puka, Jenny became sick. At the Reward Challenge, Aitutaki and Manihiki won a variety of fishing supplies. Surprisingly, it was Jessica who stepped up as the provider on Manihiki, while Oscar brought in a feast of his own at Aitutaki. At the Immunity Challenge, the castaways competed in a series of showdowns. In the end, it was Aitutaki and Puka Puka who came out victorious. Spirits were high at Puka Puka, but at Manihiki, the upcoming vote was on everyone's minds. Stephannie wanted to keep the original four members of the tribe together, but Sekou and Sundra had other plans. They formed an alliance between themselves and Jonathan and Jessica. At Tribal Council, Stephannie and Rebecca gave their votes to Jessica, but the other four votes went to Stephannie.
- Reward Challenge: The castaways will race one at a time, up a ramp, and across the deck of this shipwreck. Attached to the ratlines are five bags. Climbing up the ratlines, they’ll attempt to retrieve a bag. Once they have a bag, they climb back down and make their way back to the start. If they fail to retrieve a bag, they have to come back to the start and the next person goes.
- Reward: First place tribe gets fishing gear, mask and snorkel, fins, Hawaiian sling, and fishing hooks. Second place tribe gets only one spear.
- Immunity Challenge: Using large padded bags, castaways will attempt to knock their opponents off a platform. They have to keep two hands on the bag at all times and they cannot use their feet as a weapon. For each round, the players will be selected randomly. Last person left standing at the end of the round scores a point for their tribe. First two tribes to three points win Immunity.
Episode 4: Man DownEdit
Rebecca returned to camp feeling betrayed, since she was out of the loop at Tribal Council. So Rebecca took control of her own fate and sent messages to the other tribes in order to reach out. At Puka Puka, an alliance was formed between Becky, Yul, and Brad; Becky later brought Jenny into the fold, creating an alliance of four. But her strategizing was all within an earshot of Adam and when he confronted her Becky revealed to Adam that she wanted him to go first. On Manihiki, Jonathan faced his own strategic obstacles, as he had trouble talking strategy with Jessica. At the Reward Challenge, Manihiki was the first tribe to transport 100 breadfruit, winning them the expertise of a Native tribesman for twenty-four hours. Before the Immunity Challenge, Oscar injured his foot when he stepped on a sharp piece of coral. Despite Oscar’s injury, Aitutaki won Immunity for the second time in a row, along with Manihiki. With their first Tribal Council looming, paranoia set in at Puka Puka and decisions became more and more complicated, putting Jenny, Becky, Cao Boi, and Adam all on the chopping block. At Tribal Council, it was Jenny who took the fall when the four men banded together to oust her.
- Reward Challenge: Each tribe will have a bin with 100 breadfruit in it. The castaways race to transfer all 100 breadfruit from a bin to their tribe’s boat. Once they’ve got all the breadfruit into their boat, they paddle out across the shallow channel to an island where they'll dump the breadfruit. First tribe to transfer all 100 breadfruit out of their boat and into their drop-off bin wins Reward.
- Reward: Twenty-four hours with Pa, a Cook Islands native.
- Immunity Challenge: Each tribe has a woven tapestry that is scrambled. The first two tribes to unscramble it correctly win Immunity.
Episode 5: The Master PlanEdit
After the four men voted out Jenny, Becky, Yul, and Brad reconfirmed their alliance, putting Cao Boi as the next target. At Manihiki, Sundra was feeling homesick. At Aitutaki, Candice’s mind was wrapped around trying to figure out who cast the mystery vote. And Billy set a plan into motion when he told Candice he was the vote in order to place the blame on J.P. and Ozzy. In a Reward Challenge that tested the castaways’ endurance, Aitutaki came out on top and won a picnic at the "Black Rock." At the Immunity Challenge, the castaways had to eat “spaghetti of the sea,” a traditional Cook Islands delicacy; Manihiki and Puka Puka claimed Immunity. After the challenge, Billy and Candice targeted Ozzy, while Ozzy and J.P. targeted Candice, confident they had Cristina's vote. But Ozzy and J.P.’s close bond made Cristina nervous, and when Billy approached Cristina with his plan, she felt herself caught in the middle. At Tribal Council, Billy’s plan came together when Cristina helped oust her former ally, Oscar, making him the sixth person voted out of the game.
- Reward Challenge: Each tribe will select three members to have a wooden pole across their shoulders. Every two minutes, more weight in thirty pound increments will be added to those poles until they cannot take it any longer. When they cannot handle the weight, they drop the pole and are out of the game. Last person left standing wins Reward for their tribe.
- Reward: A trip to the "Black Rock" and a picnic lunch.
- Immunity Challenge: One at a time, tribe members will eat "matu rori," a Cook Islands delicacy also known as "spaghetti of the sea". The first person to finish in each round scores a point for their tribe. If they take a pass, they lose one point for their tribe. First two tribes to three points win Immunity.
Episode 6: Survivor SurpriseEdit
Tensions were high at Aitutaki after Oscar was voted out when Candice wanted to cook the chicken Oscar caught. The next day, Billy failed to come through as the new provider when he attempted fishing, while J.P. knew he was next on the chopping block. On Day 14, the three ethnic tribes were swapped to create two diverse tribes. First, J.P., Jonathan, and Yul represented their tribes in a race to the pontoon to retrieve a buff in their tribe’s color. Yul finished last, and as a result the Puka Puka tribe was dissolved. Billy and Jonathan became tribe selectors and alternated picking members of the original Puka Puka tribe. Then, the other castaways were given an opportunity to change their fate; they could choose to switch tribes, but then everyone would switch and the selectors would be sent to Exile Island. Candice chose to switch and as a result of her decision, the tribes were switched and Billy and Jonathan were both sent to Exile Island. The new Manihiki tribe consisted of Jonathan, Yul, Cao Boi, Candice, Cristina, J.P., and Adam, while the new Aitutaki tribe consisted of Billy, Jessica, Rebecca, Sekou, Sundra, Becky, and Brad. Both tribes celebrated their new members, but Aitutaki beach didn’t feel like home for some of the new members, who were still outraged by Candice's decision. The castaways learned that an individual Immunity Idol was hidden on each of their islands. On Exile Island, Jonathan searched for an Immunity Idol that wasn’t there and took the opportunity to strategize with Billy and talk about Candice. At the pontoon, J.P. told Jessica to target Billy. At the Immunity Challenge, Sekou helped Aitutaki ensure a victory. At Manihiki, an alliance was quick to form, excluding Cao Boi and Yul. Jonathan assured Yul that Cao Boi would leave for being the weakest. But at Tribal Council, Yul was blindsided when Jonathan’s five member alliance voted him out of the tribe.
- Challenge: Each tribe will choose only one member to compete for them. That person will race out to the pontoon and retrieve the buff that is in their tribe’s color. Once you have that buff, they bring it make to their mat. The tribe that comes in last place is dissolved.
- Immunity Challenge: Four tribe members will start on a raft. Their job is to paddle out to three tribe members from the opposing tribe, who’ve been stranded in the water on separate floating platforms. Once they reach a platform, two tribe members will try to physically force the opposing tribe’s member onto the raft. Once they’ve got all three of the opposing tribes members on their raft, they paddle back to the shore and get them into a makeshift jail cell. First tribe to get all three of the opposing tribe’s members into the jail cell wins Immunity.
Episode 7: Violent Storms and Cold WarsEdit
Anh-Tuan was feeling on the outside of his tribe with Yul's blindside. At Aitutaki, Rebecca, Sundra, and Sekou secured their alliance. On Day 16, Candice and Billy met at the pontoon to discuss strategy. And it was evident that a power struggle was emerging between Candice, Billy, and Jonathan. At the Reward Challenge, Aitutaki navigated their way to the finish, winning three bags of rice, spices, and a clue to the location of their hidden Immunity Idol. Aitutaki's search for the Immunity Idol was cut short by a violent storm. On Day 17, Cristina and Adam came to a realization about each other, noticing that they don't get along too well. At the Immunity Challenge, Cao Boi cost Manihiki valuable time, allowing Aitutaki to claim their third straight win. After the challenge, Jonathan was set on voting for Cao Boi as a weak link, but the tension between Adam and Cristina caused alliances to be put into question. Jonathan scrambled to keep things going according to plans, but it was clear that Adam and Cristina would not deal with being in an alliance together. But in spite of the tribe’s difficulties, Cao Boi felt vulnerable. At Tribal Council, Cristina received two votes, and Adam received one. But, in the end, Jonathan’s plan came together when J.P. joined him and Candice to vote Cao Boi out of the tribe.
- Reward Challenge: Each tribe will choose two tribe members who’ll be attached by belt to a rope that runs the entire length of this obstacle course and snakes over, under, and around a series of obstacles. They will also have their hands tied, so the rest of the tribe will have to push and pull those two tribe members through the course. First tribe to get all six tribe members to the finish wins Reward.
- Reward: Three bags of rice, spices, and one clue to the location of the hidden Immunity Idol.
- Immunity Challenge: There are seventeen glass bottles; nine are buried in the sand, eight are floating in the water. One at a time, castaways will retrieve a glass bottle from either the water or the sand in any order they want. Once they have all seventeen bottles, the entire tribe can then begin to smash them and collect the pieces of parchment that are inside. They'll use all seventeen letters to create a four-word phrase. First tribe to correctly solve the word puzzle wins Immunity.
Episode 8: Family Ties and Desperate LiesEdit
Adam wasn’t happy with Jonathan’s plot to oust Cao Boi and put him as his next target. At Aitutaki, spirits were high, except for Billy, who felt like the lone outsider on his tribe. At the Reward Challenge, Manihiki finally came through with a win when they were the first to complete their floating compass puzzle. Back at camp, the winning tribe was given a surprise when they learned one person was going to watch a video from home. The tribe chose Jonathan to see his video from home, and the Hollywood writer was brought to tears. On Day 20, the search for the hidden Immunity Idol continued. At the Immunity Challenge, Manihiki sunk Aitutaki’s ship for the second time in a row. After the challenge, the tribe was unified in their decision to oust Billy. But Billy wasn’t about to go down without a fight, and instead he targeted the three African-Americans. But in doing so, he made himself a bigger target and at Tribal Council, Billy’s last minute pleas couldn’t save him, as he was unanimously voted out of the tribe.
- Reward Challenge The challenge deals with a large floating puzzle with eight missing pieces representing the directions on a compass rose: North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West, and Northwest. One tribe member at a time will swim out, dive down ten feet, unclip a puzzle piece, and bring it back to the compass rose. Once they’ve collected all eight puzzle pieces, they'll start assembling the puzzle by finding where each compass point goes and then putting the direction label on the appropriate point. First tribe to get it together correctly wins Reward.
- Reward: The castaways' luxury items, letters from home, a video from home for one of the castaways, and a clue to the location of the hidden Immunity Idol.
- Immunity Challenge: Each tribe will have two boats. Three tribe members will be in one boat, two tribe members will be in the other. Their goal: sink both of the opposing tribe’s boats. Each boat will have eight holes plugged with corks. Using their grappling hook, they get a hold of one of those corks and pull it out, causing the boat to start sinking. They can also use it to grab a boat and pull it closer to them or to push down on that boat and try and sink it. In addition, they will have a bucket that can be used for bailing water out of their own boat or to pour water into the other tribe’s boats. First tribe to sink the opposing tribe’s two boats wins Immunity.
Episode 9: To Merge or Not to Merge?Edit
After Tribal Council, Aitutaki was given the message to join Manihiki on their beach. Immediately, the castaways were suspicious, thinking it might just be the two tribes living together. The castaways questioned whether or not they had merged. On Day 22, Adam got on his tribemates’ nerves, even with the Aitutakis. And the next day, Candice followed suit when she began to complain incessantly. Jonathan went to work on Flica, trying to get her to swing over to Manihiki come merge. At the Immunity Challenge, Jonathan’s fears came true when the two tribes merged. In addition, Jeff revealed the winner of the Immunity Challenge would choose one person to go to Exile Island. That person would not attend Tribal Council; they could not cast a vote nor be voted out at Tribal Council. In a test of strength and endurance, J.P. came out on top and chose Sundra to go to Exile Island. On Exile Island, Sundra contemplated her position in the tribe. A new tribe, Motorakau was born, but in spite of the celebration, the strategizing began immediately. Rebecca tried to engineer a women’s alliance to try to get the physical threats out. But when Candice told Jonathan, he took drastic measures to ensure his survival by proposing to vote out Adam. When the votes came in, Adam was the tenth person voted out of the game for his strength and abrasive personality. But, in a surprise double Trouble Council, they castaways were forced to vote one more member out of the merged tribe. Rebecca was blindsided when she was voted out for her scheming.
- Immunity Challenge: There are eleven mast structures in the water. Each structure has a pole for the castaways to hold onto and wrap their legs around for as long as they can. As the tide and the water moves, so will the pole. If any part of their body touches the pole beneath the white line or the structure supporting the pole, they’re also out. Last person left holding onto their pole wins Immunity.
Episode 10: What Have We Done?Edit
Sundra returned from Exile Island and was given a surprise when she learned of Rebecca's blindside. Candice was also surprised to see her name come up twice at Tribal Council. The tribe then indulged in a feast to celebrate their making the jury with a feast, but amidst the celebrating, the game was still being played; Jonathan was brought up as the next target. At the Reward Challenge, the castaways’ relationships were put to the test. In the end, Sundra’s former Aitutaki tribemates gave her the win and left her with a difficult decision to make. She chose to send J.P. to Exile Island and chose Flica and Becky to join her on the Reward. At the resort, Becky made a Final Three alliance with Sundra and Jessica. On Exile Island, J.P. surprisingly survived well. Despite going to Exile Island, J.P. won his second Immunity Challenge in a row. J.P.’s victory thrust Jonathan and Candice back onto the chopping block, so Jonathan came up with a drastic plan to eliminate his former tribemate Cristina to keep him and Candice in the game. Jonathan and Candice revealed that Candice had found a hidden Immunity Idol to the Aitutaki alliance. Becky came up with a plan of splitting votes between Candice and Cristina in case Candice had the idol. Tribal Council, Becky’s plan came together and Candice was voted out. But, when Candice revealed the hidden Immunity Idol and Cristina was sent home. Jonathan and Candice made a huge strategic blunder.
- Reward Challenge: There are nine colored ladders, one for each castaway. The castaways each have six rungs. One by one, they’ll take two rungs, come up, and place those rungs into two different tribe members’ ladders. They cannot place a rung into their own ladder. First person to have their ladder completed with six rungs climbs to the top and wins Reward.
- Reward: A trip and dinner at a luxury spa resort.
- Immunity Challenge: All nine castaways start out on a floating platform. They'll then dive down and retrieve one of seven shells. The two that come up without a shell will be eliminated. This continues until only three remain. The three remaining castaways will race up to the top of a three story climbing wall using four pegs. First two to the top of the wall move on to the final round. The two finalists will climb up onto the towers, and using a rope, try and knock their opponent off balance and into the water. Last person left standing wins Immunity.
Episode 11: BreakdownEdit
Candice and Jonathan made a huge strategic blunder at the last Tribal Council and Candice unleashed her frustrations on her tribemates, specifically Becky. In a dirty Reward Challenge, Candice was the initial winner. But when Jessica cried foul, it was revealed that she cheated by carrying mud in her bathing suit, giving Jessica the win. She sent J.P. to Exile Island to once again try to weaken him. As part of her Reward, Jessica divided up the menu at the castaways' trip to the Blue Nun Cafe. But when the meals were divided, Sundra and Sekou got the last meals for the Aitutaki alliance and felt they were on the outside. The Immunity Challenge came down to a showdown between J.P. and Jessica. But in the end, J.P. won his third Immunity Challenge in a row. With J.P. immune again, it seemed like Jonathan or Candice would go. Becky and Jessica decided to vote for Jonathan for being the bigger threat, but Jonathan tried to turn the vote against Becky, citing that she was a lawyer and good at convincing people to do things. Sundra feared that Becky had made a new alliance with Brad and Jessica and she revealed Becky’s original plan of an all-female Final 3 to her ally, Sekou. At Tribal Council, although Jonathan received three votes, Sundra and Sekou joined the former members of Manihiki to vote Becky out of the tribe.
- Reward Challenge: The castaways dive into a giant mud pit and cover their body in as much mud as they can. They’ll then race back to the mat and scrape it off into a bucket. They cannot carry mud in their arms, in their hands, or any part of their clothing. After ten minutes, the person with the most mud in their bucket by weight wins Reward.
- Reward: The best meal at a trip to the Blue Nun Cafe, plus the ability to choose who gets which meal.
- Immunity Challenge: There are a series of three planks each locked up in their position. The key to unlock each plank is attached to a float that’s at the bottom of a bamboo chute. Using their bucket, the castaways get water from the ocean, dump it in the chute, raise the key to the top, reach in and unlock the plank. If they get one plank down, it leads them to the next. The third plank will lead them to a wooden ladder. They'll then climb the ladder to the top of a very small perch that’s twenty feet in the air. They'll lower their bucket into the water and pour that water into another bamboo chute. Instead of retrieving a key, they’re raising a flag. First person to retrieve their flag and get it back to the start wins Immunity.
Episode 12: The Value of ImmunityEdit
Brad felt like the sudden outsider after Becky's boot, knowing him and Jessica were the next two targets. At the Reward Challenge, Candice, Jessica, and J.P. all won a Native feast and experienced a very culturally enriching experience. Before the Immunity Challenge, the alliance of Sekou, Sundra, Candice, Jonathan, and J.P. decided it was Jessica's time to go. But at the challenge, the castaways' determination was tested. Brad and Sundra opted out of the challenge for a phone call home, J.P. opted out for a bed, Sekou opted out for money, and Jonathan opted out for a new car. When it came to the tiebreaker between Jessica and Candice, Jessica opted to stay for the rest of the game on Exile Island, and her determination won her Immunity. Back at camp, a secret sub-alliance of Sekou, Sundra, and J.P. came together, deciding to get rid of Candice after Brad. At Tribal Council, the alliance of five held together, making Brad the fourteenth person voted out and eliminating all the former Puka Puka players from the game. But, in another surprise double Tribal Council, Jessica kept her Immunity again and Candice and Jonathan found themselves scrambling. Jonathan and Candice made a last minute plea to take out J.P. while he didn't have Immunity. But when the votes came in, Jonathan received one, J.P. received two, and the remaining three votes went to Candice.
- Reward Challenge: One at a time, the castaways will carry four bundles of puzzle pieces across a balance beam to their mat. Once they’ve collected all four bundles, they will use those bundles to create a table maze. Finally, they will use the maze to maneuver one coconut past decoy holes into the large hole at the end. First three people to complete this win Reward.
- Reward: A trip to a nearby island and a native feast.
- Immunity Challenge: Each round, Jeff makes the castaways an offer to which they will answer either “YES” or “NO.” If they answer “YES,” they will be making a sacrifice and they stay in the running for Immunity. If they answer “NO,” they’re out. Last person left standing wins Immunity.
Episode 13: The Lone RangerEdit
The castaways returned from an intense double Tribal Council, with Sekou smiling and Jonathan worried about his position in the game. With Jessica away on Exile Island, Jonathan tried the best he could to campaign against her and still keep his alliance of five intact. In an exhausting Reward Challenge, the castaways got a taste from home when their loved ones visited. Sekou won the challenge and got to spend an overnight trip in a villa with his fiance, Toi. He also chose to have Sundra's mom go back to camp with Motorakau and expectantly sent J.P. to Exile Island with Jessica. On Exile Island, Jessica and J.P. bonded and strategized. After Sundra's mom left camp, Jonathan again started his strategizing and went to Sundra about getting the four old Manihikis together against J.P. However, that plan was stopped when J.P. won his fourth Immunity Challenge. Back at camp, J.P., Sundra, and Sekou strategized together to take out Jonathan, then Flica. However, they kept Jonathan under the impression that they were getting rid of Jessica. But at Tribal Council, Jonathan couldn't save himself, and he was unanimously voted out of the tribe.
- Reward Challenge: The castaways race to opposite ends of a course where they'll find a wooden pole with three numbers hanging from it. They then make their way out past the obstacles, collecting one number at a time. Once they have the number, they bring it back and place it on hooks. If they fall into the water, they need to come back and start again. When they return with their third number, they'll take all three numbers, jump into the water, and swim across to their raft. Using the three number tiles that they collected in the obstacle course, they have to figure out the order of the combination lock to a locked treasure chest on their raft. Once they have the lock undone, they'll open the chest, take out puzzle pieces, and start assembling a puzzle. The first person to correctly solve their puzzle wins Reward.
- Reward: An overnight trip to a villa with their loved one.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways make their way out of a wooden cage by untying a series of knots. They’ll then dig in the sand for a wooden club. Once they have the club, they'll swim out to a platform, climb to the top, and then leap off of it. While in midair, they will smash a plaster box, releasing a bundle of sticks. They'll then retrieve the bundle and swim back to shore. Once they have two bundles back, they’ll untie the sticks and using the rope and the sticks, build one long pole, which they will then use to retrieve two rings. First person to retrieve both rings wins Immunity.
Episode 14: Too Little Too Late?Edit
The Final 4 (sans Jessica) went back to camp; the alliance of J.P., Sekou, and Sundra agreed to vote out Jessica at the next Tribal Council. But J.P. soon realized that Sundra and Sekou were too strong of a pair. The next morninig, the castaways received a full breakfast. Before Tribal Council, Sekou questioned using the second hidden Immunity Idol he had on Sundra in order for the two of them to get further in the game. At Tribal Council, the castaways participated in the Fallen Comrades challenge, where Jessica pulled off a much-needed win. Before the vote, J.P. made a desperate last-minute plea to Jessica, saying this is the only opportunity to force a tie and take a chance with getting Sundra or Sekou out. Jessica decided to listen to J.P.'s plea and made the vote a tie. Since Sekou did not give Sundra the idol to play, Sundra and J.P. had to participate in a firemaking tiebreaker challenge. Like many times before, J.P. won and Sundra was voted out.
- Immunity Challenge: Jeff asks the castaways ten questions about members of the jury, as well as tribe members that all of the Final 4 have spent time with. At the end of ten questions, whoever has the most points wins Immunity.
Sekou and J.P. got back to camp, and J.P. revealed he threw the Immunity Challenge tiebreaker to make a Final 2 deal with Jessica. The next day, the two men picked up Jessica and the Final 3 went through their rite of passage. They then faced their Final Immunity Challenge, a painful endurance challenge where J.P. emerged as the victor once again. With J.P. guaranteed a spot in the Final 2, Sekou tried to sway him back at camp, citing Jessica's votes and the fact that she spent so much time on Exile Island. But at Tribal Council, J.P. stayed true to his deal and voted Sekou out, who became the last member of the jury. Jeff then gave Jessica her Motorakau buff back, letting her spend her last day at camp.
- Immunity Challenge: The castaways are balancing on a very small raft. Only their hands and feet can touch the platform. If their bottom or knees touch the platform, they're out. Last person left standing wins Immunity.
The Final 2 of J.P. and Jessica celebrated their last day in the Cook Islands. They then faced their Final Tribal Council. Throughout his questions, J.P. stressed playing the physical game extremely well, while Jessica talked about playing just as hard and with character and her time on Exile Island. In the end, it wasn't even close; Brad was the only one to vote for Jessica, while everyone else voted for J.P., making him the Sole Survivor in a 6-1 vote.
|Original Tribes||Absorbed Tribes||Re-Absorbed/Swapped Tribes||Merged Tribe|